On March 12, 2019, a cooperation agreement was concluded between the Institute of Land Reclamation and the Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan.
In accordance with t the mutual desire to develop friendship and cooperation, having common goals in the field of scientific research. The parties agreed to promote scientific cooperation in areas of mutual interest, including:
- assessment of soil resources, methods of soil diagnostics and monitoring of the state of soil cover, especially saline and arid soils
- development and maintenance of databases on soil properties, mapping of soil cover;
- issues of rational use and protection of soil, forecasting and prevention of soil degradation due to desertification, salinization, water and wind erosion, industrial pollution and other factors in the context of global climate change;
- environmentally friendly resource-saving technologies for the reproduction of fertility of saline and arid soils;
- regulation of soil water regime.